Question : Problem: Broadcasat SSID

I have 4 Cisco Aironet 1240AG Access Points in a site.  However, the SSID was set not to broadcast by the installer.  I need this to be seen by all wireless networks.  But I cannot find the setting(s) to enable this.  What and where is this done.  I have connected to the web interface and cannot see where the setting is.

Answer : Problem: Broadcasat SSID

I copied and pasted her accepted answer from http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Misc/Q_22001815.html it was exactly what was needed.

Step 1  
 configure terminal
 Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2  
 dot11 ssid ssid-string
 Create an SSID and enter SSID configuration mode for the new SSID. The SSID can consist of up to 32 alphanumeric characters. SSIDs are case sensitive.

The SSID can consist of up to 32 alphanumeric, case-sensitive, characters.

Note The first character cannot contain the !, #, or ; character.

Note +, ], /, ", TAB, and trailing spaces are invalid characters for SSIDs.

Step 3  
 authentication client
username username
password password
 (Optional) Set an authentication username and password that the access point uses to authenticate to the network when in repeater mode. Set the username and password on the SSID that the repeater access point uses to associate to a root access point, or with another repeater.

Step 4  
 accounting list-name
 (Optional) Enable RADIUS accounting for this SSID. For list-name, specify the accounting method list. Click this link for more information on method lists: /en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca7aa.html#xtocid2

Step 5  
 vlan vlan-id
 (Optional) Assign the SSID to a VLAN on your network. Client devices that associate using the SSID are grouped into this VLAN. You can assign only one SSID to a VLAN.

Step 6  
 guest-mode
 (Optional) Designate the SSID as your access point's guest-mode SSID. The access point includes the SSID in its beacon and allows associations from client devices that do not specify an SSID.

Step 7  
 infrastructure-ssid [optional]
 (Optional) Designate the SSID as the SSID that other access points and workgroup bridges use to associate to this access point. If you do not designate an SSID as the infrastructure SSID, infrastructure devices can associate to the access point using any SSID. If you designate an SSID as the infrastructure SSID, infrastructure devices must associate to the access point using that SSID unless you also enter the optional keyword.

Step 8  
 interface dot11radio { 0 | 1 }
 Enter interface configuration mode for the radio interface to which you want to assign the SSID. The 2.4-GHz radio is radio 0, and the 5-GHz radio is radio 1.

Step 9  
 ssid ssid-string
 Assign the global SSID that you created in Step 2 to the radio interface.

Step 10  
 end
 Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 11  
 copy running-config startup-config
 (Optional) Save your entries in the configuration file.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us