Question : Problem: Network Devices stop working after reboot.

Hi i have setup an adhoc network using 2 wireless adapters with internet connection sharing enabled on host computer..On the host comp the Ethernet cable is connected which comes from the dsl modem..I have connected 1 wireless adapter to the host comp and set it up to run an adhoc network and enable internet connection sharing for it...On the client comp the other adapter is connected and setup on the same adhoc network and it receives an internet connection...I have set it up like that so that the client comp will be able to use or have an internet connection...but the problem is whenever the host computer restarts all internet connection is lost on the client comp......and i would have to reset the connection on the first computer and almost start from scratch...is there any work around for this problem?I am aware that a network switch or router would eliminate this problem but i would really like to know if it is possible to get these 2 wireless adapters working on an adhoc network with the ICS enabled and even though the hosts restarts the client comp would keep the settings....any info would be greatly appreciated.....

Answer : Problem: Network Devices stop working after reboot.

ahhh.... it's abit hard to troubleshoot something that you really don't have control over or understand how it's configured.

You should call you ISP up about this. They might not even support having more then one device hooked up.

about the switch.
Just something i've came across with bad cabling.

if a switch is pluged to itself(Lan cable in one port and the other end is in another port on the same switch) it can cause strage problems each time something is pluged in or removed.
When a switch is daisy chained (switch connected to switch) they send updates to eachother on what devices they have connected.
So if a switch is connected to itself it may seem fine when you boot everything up but the moment something new is connected or removed the switch attemps to send updates to the other switch(itself) causing an infinate loop in the switch sending updates to itself.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us