Question : Problem: RunTime Error MS Visual C++

Installed a new scanner (HP Scanjet 5590) on a Windows XP SP2 machine.  When a user tries to scan they can get completely thru the accept function and when the software asks if we want to scan another item, we say no and immediately the Error Message Comes Up:   Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error    C:\Program Files\HP\Photosmart Essential\HP_IZE.exe.        We say okay and it closes the scanning software.  However, the scanned item does get saved to the default location we have set up.
This does not happen to administrator accounts, just domain users.    I have been on active chat with HP and they had me uninstall the software, go to their website to be sure I had the most current software setup files.   Installed again and it still does the same thing.  

Answer : Problem: RunTime Error MS Visual C++

Because administrators did not receive this error, but the users on the network did, we knew it must be an access issue.  HP Active Chat did not even look at that as an issue.  Did some trial and error and when we added the domain users into the local administrator group (Just in the user accounts on the PC), it works fine now.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us