Question : Problem: all handheld data will be lost if you enter your password incorrectly one more time

Finally got round to troubleshooting sync issues on my BB 8330.  I've only had a couple of successful syncs, and never with my contacts (because I wanted to know it was working before syncing against my whole outlook contacts list).  

The BB was connecting with BT, then there were problems getting to the Sync configuration on BB Desktop, then the BB wouldn't connect, and at some point (not sure what I was doing or when - didnt document as i didn't think anything could permenantly break!) it started asking for a keystore password.  I tried the PW I thought was the BT key - 0000... then others I might have set 1111... but nothing worked.  On the 9th attempt it came up with;

"this is your last password attempt if you type the incorrect password, the data on the device will be wiped"

I turned off the BB, and killed the BB desktop process.  Found only one reference to this error in Google and it appears to relate to certificate synchronization:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=31248

So i looked at the Certificates on my BB - and under "My Certificates" is one with my name on and a key next to it.    Security level is set to "High (always prompt for password)" and if i try to change the PW I get the warning;

"all handheld data will be lost if you enter your password incorrectly one more time"

I have no idea what the certificate PW is.  I don't remember setting it.  The BB was able to connect to the Desktop without this before and I didn't make any major changes.  I remember the desktop SW was being buggy, and prior to this PW problem started freezing when I went to configure the sync.  I was just ready to try the Contacts sync too!!!

I don't want to lose the contacts on my BB, or the call logs for that matter, or the apps OR ANYTHING ELSE.

I'm too scared to try anything at this stage.  

PLEASE HELP!!!

Answer : Problem: all handheld data will be lost if you enter your password incorrectly one more time

Also if you don't need to sync certificates uninstall the option from BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us