Question : Problem: Install scanner drivers to use the scanner over wi-fi without HP's scanning software

Hello

I have:

- Windows XP Pro
- Nuance PaperPort 11
- HP Photosmart 3310

I like HP's hardware but can't stand the plethora of software bundled with the machine, which seems to keep crashing my PC.

When I scan with PaperPort, it engages HP's native scanning software and I can't seem to set it to not use the software, although I can get VueScan demo to scan straight from the printer.

I was to scan straight from PaperPort to remove a step and spare my PC from HP's software.  So, I uninstalled HP's software, which also removed the drivers.  I then downloaded "HP Multi-Function Products Driver Bundle - Corporate Only" from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-42754-2&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&product=439491&os=228&lang=en and installed with the following:

setup.exe -ipAddress 192.168.20.102 -s

However, the installation didn't seem to complete and I can't find an alternative driver-only package that will support network scanning...

Kind Regards.

Answer : Problem: Install scanner drivers to use the scanner over wi-fi without HP's scanning software

You will need to reinstall all of the drivers and HP software from the disk supplied with 3310 - then selectively uninstall the HP applications except the drivers and scanner component. The twain drivers - which are required for the PC to see the scanner are an integral part of the drivers. The download version has never worked for me on any of the printers HP says the bundle will support.

Additionally, not all software will interface to the scanner at the twain level unless you tell them to, VueScan is an exception as it used the inbuilt HP drivers to access the scanner. PaperPort will not unless specifically told to do so - and even then may it might still default to the standard HP interface due to program limitations.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us