Question : Problem: HP ScanJet 4c/t doesn't work

There is an old HP ScanJet 4c/t at our department, and the driver CD is missing. A colleague and I searched hard through
                 HP's site and couldn't find an appropriate driver. A HP representative told me today that getting driver support would cost
                 money, which I find ridiculous.

Currently there is "HP ScanJet 4c/3c" selected under "HP ScanJet scanners" in Control Panel. This was the closest I could
                 find on the list of Win95's drivers for HP scanners.
                 Device Manager also list another scanner under "HP ScanJet scanners": HP C2520A.

Under "SCSI controllers" there is a "Symbios Logic 53C400A (HP version) SCSI adapter". This is what the scanner is
                 physically attached to in the computer.

The scanner passes HP's own Scanner test program, but no other application can use it. For example, Paint Shop Pro
                 doesn't list it as a selectable Twain source.

Caere Scan Manager allowed me to set up a ScanJet 4c, but it too doesn't allow me to set it up as a Twain data source.
                 (An Olympus film scanner, also attached to the computer, is the only one on the list of possible Twain sources.)

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: HP ScanJet 4c/t doesn't work

I recently had the same exact problem and a friend suggested I do the following:

You can download DeskScan II V2.8 from http://hersonissos.forthnet.gr/downloads/

select the file sj168en.exe This is a 3.5 Meg file so it will take a little time.

There is a bug in the installation of DeskScan II 2.8 the file vhpscand.vxd must be moved from the Windows\System directory to the Windows\System\iosubsys directory (Note MOVED not copied!). Its very difficult to find this info, many thanks

I don't quite understand how a driver for "DeskScan II V2.8" works with our ScanJet 4c/t, but it does! The installation program, too, worked as it should (it placed the vhpscand.vxd file in the correct directory).  In Control Panel, under "HP ScanJet Scanners", my scanner is now identified as "ScanJet 6100c". I *am* puzzled, but the most important thing is that everything works now.

Its worth a shot.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us