Question : Problem: How do I set up BizHUB350 to scan to PC?

I have tried to set up Konica Bizhub350 to Scan to PC on LAN that uses an SCM router and Windows Server 2003 with AD.  I chose SMB protocol and configured a button for each user associated with the specific users PC.  Some of the PC's on the network have been configured by the technical support technicians from our vendor and they work fine.  We called him back to add 2 more, but he was unable to get 1 Dell XP laptop to work properly.  We still need to get this laptop to receive the scan and need to add another.  I followed the manual directions but, I was not successful.   Thanks, Dennis

Answer : Problem: How do I set up BizHUB350 to scan to PC?

"I tried to blank out the user passwords on the Bizhub with the spacebar"

Not sure what you mean by this, the user password should not be visible after it is entered, using the spacebar will just delete it.

Unless you have a valid username and password on the bizhub, that can access the shared folder on the PC, it will not work.

When setting these up, I usually create a shared folder on the main fileserver, and create a default user for the copier that has access to that folder. I then create user folders in that share, if the customer wants more secure access.
Or I use scan to email, which is easier to maintain.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us