Question : Problem: My users are not allowed to modify the summary information on files (through the summary tab).

I'm managing a small Terminal Server installation. Just one Windows 2003 server, around 20 persons connected out of a user base of less than 100.

I've a shared folder where people store images that are to be used for in-house publications. They would like to use the summary tab to add a title and keywords to each picture.

They can edit the information, click OK or Apply and everything seems fine. But the next time they open the tab, title and keywords are gone.

People are in a group that has modify access to the folder (I tried to give the group full control, but it doesn't change anything.)

If I connect to the folder as a restricted user, I cannot change the summary information of a picture file, even if I'm the owner of the file. I can create a text file and change its summary information though.

The only account with which I have been able to edit the summary information is the domain admin.

I've been looking everywhere and the permissions on the files seem okay to me. Is it a restriction placed on image files (to preserve the meta-information, like iso, aperture, etc.) ?

I'm at the end of my wit and any pointer as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

Answer : Problem: My users are not allowed to modify the summary information on files (through the summary tab).

Can you try following with some test machine
1) Break inheritance by logging in as an administrative account.
2) Take ownership of the complete folder (On root folder it will ask you to change it for all folders and sub folders, click yes).
3) Then try modifying summery.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us