Question : Problem: Setting up RADIUS between Sonicwall and Samba domain???

I'm looking for a way to setup authentication between a Sonicwall firewall and a Samba domain, but everything I've looked at seems to say that there is a difference in the 'language' that both speak and they can't really understand each other.

Does anyone know of a way that authentication could be setup so that you don't have to use one user account for everyone who is trying to use the VPN?

Answer : Problem: Setting up RADIUS between Sonicwall and Samba domain???

What version do you have and is it standard or enhanced?

I found administration manual for Sonic OS 2.1 enhanced edition. There is a 'RADIUS' authentication available there (Users->Settings->Authentication->RADIUS). I don't know do is it enhanced version only or not. If you have such menu, you may authenticate via RADIUS.

You mentioned you are using Samba with LDAP backend.

What you need is:
1) Install and RADIUS server
2) Configure RADIUS server to authenticate against LDAP backend, here is an example: http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2005-April/042652.html
3) Configure RADIUS (Clients.conf) and SonicWall (menu) to recognize each other (provide the same shared secret and correct peer IP addresses)
4) On SonicWall it's better to leave only 1 locally configured user (admin) and use 'Use RADIUS but also allow locally configured users'. It helps you when RADIUS server is down.
5) Test RADIUS connection from (SonicWall) menu.

Most difficult task here is configuring RADIUS. It depends on your LDAP.

But when done and user is deleted from LDAP, it will be rejected on SonicWall also.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us