Question : Problem: Backup solutions to replace Backup Exec

Hi,

I am begininng to phase out ALL symantec software from all my clients. I've come  uup with one problem though, i cannot find a good soution that will have to bacup 3 servers (DC,EXCH,APP-SQL) quickly and centrally. We began to experiment with store grid and had some success however the problem with it is if a FS has 80GB of data that needs to be backed up it doesnt react very well and would ttake sometimes 2 das for a full backup. Veritas worked fine but again now that symantec owns it its not a thought anymore. We also tried Novastor however the opricing was very high, the software was over somplicated and the support was horrible.

I need suggestions that would close to Backup Exec's price range and would allow the backup of Exchange, SQL , AD and Open files all centralized with the optional ability to create D2D backups (Rotating 5 firelite drives was a good solution instead of tapes)

All i need is names and websites of software that would do exactly this and somereviews from first hand experience.

thank you

Answer : Problem: Backup solutions to replace Backup Exec

Computer Associates (CA) Arcserve 11.5 - With the robotic library option (for one - but you'd need a good few more

I have a client with approx 50 servers (exchange/SQL etc) - and a central "Management" server where all the backups are controled and managed from.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us