Question : Problem: Can i Convert a Cisco 7835H 3.0 server into a windows 2003 server /2 gig / raid 5

Currently we upgraded our Cisco System which resulted in our having two Cisco MCS 7835H 3.0 servers. I would like to use the hardware as a normal member server of our domain. Running windows 2003 32 or 64 bit, using 2 gig ram and a raid 5 system using 4 scsi drives. Is this possible and are drivers available for these systems for the 2003 OS?

Answer : Problem: Can i Convert a Cisco 7835H 3.0 server into a windows 2003 server /2 gig / raid 5

AFAIK this is simply a HP Proliant DL380G3 with a Cisco OS

Assuming there is nothing fundamentally changed in the BIOS to make it anything other than a DL380G3 then you can install Windows 2003 32 bit

Easiest way is to download SmartStart from HP's site, burn it to CD and boot from this, it will install the OS from your own Windows media but will handle all the drivers for you.

Once youve done that download the latest Proliant Support Pack (PSP) for Windows 2003 and apply that too

I'd try to update the firmware/ROM on both the server and array controller too (online flash is easiest way to do this and is done from within Windows)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us