Question : Problem: Backup Exec 10d AOFO VSS errors

In BE, I have a Backup Selection List which is used by a backup job for each day of the week (M-F).  There are 9 servers being backed up in one job.  I installed the AOFO for one of my remote servers and now I'm getting a lot of errors from the other servers because of it.

The Job Log states Completed with exceptions, and gives the following errors:

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER1\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS snapshots are not supported on the version of the operating system running on the target computer.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER2\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot failed. Make sure that all provider services and tasks are running. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER3\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008527): VERITAS Storage Foundation for Windows (VSFW) unexpectedly failed. Check that the VSFW service is running, and check the status of existing disk groups and volumes.

I've tried looking at the KB articles for these errors, but everything seems fine.  I really only wanted the AOFO to be for the one server, not all of them.  How to I just limit this to that one server?

Answer : Problem: Backup Exec 10d AOFO VSS errors

Yes. Set the first job to run to erase the media before backing up and set the remaining jobs to append. Schedule all the jobs to run about a half an hour apart. BE will queue them in order and they should all wind up on one "tape".
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us