Question : Problem: Memory Diagnostics Failed/Passed

I've been upgrading an Asus A6Rp laptop and as part of the rebuild, I upgraded the memory to 2x1GB DDR PC-2700 DIMMs.

Both DIMMs are identical, and when installed together they fail Memory Diagnostics. I've tried Memtest x86 and Windows Memory Diagnostics - and both report the failure succesfully. (WMD reports a failure during the LRAND tests).

The bit that has me baffled is that each DIMM will pass all tests when installed on it's own. And it doesn't matter which slot each DIMM is installed in (there are only 2). I have run several tests on each DIMM, in each slot, independantly - and each time they pass. But when installed together - they fail.

Has anyone come across this before? I've had to give the laptop back to the client (with 1 GB), so I can't easily test any suggestions - but I'd be fascinated to hear if anyone has come across this before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Memory Diagnostics Failed/Passed

Ive tried the same things you have tried and awso including new power supply as well. When I took all the components over 2 a new mobo and tried it thats hw i realised it was the mobo. Honestly I havnt heard of a North/South Bridge Diagnostic tester but lets see if the other experts have heard of anything.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us