Question : Problem: Question about partition

I have two hard drives in my computer, one is 2gig and the other is 1.7gig. I have installed both WinNT and Win95 on
the 2gig drive, in different partition.

My problem is about the 1.7gig drive. I used the disk management utility in WinNT to setup the partitions in this drive, with sizes 1gig and 0.7gig.

However, the partition of this drive wasn't quite compatible with Win95. It's ok when doing normal operation with files. However, when I try to use Norton DiskTools or Partition-It with this drive. They reports that the partition infomation of the drive is in wrong format. And Partiton-It even crashes.

One possibility I have thought of is that, when setting up the partition, the default way will leave a small gap (2Meg?) at the beginning and ending of the drive. However, I didn't leave this gap. I don't know if it'll make the format of parition different.

Is there any way to fix it, 'cuz I want to resize the partitions without losing my files?

Thanx.

Answer : Problem: Question about partition

I think that your problem is at the BIOS level where you pre-format the HDD and nominate what kind of drive it is.
If you have labelled it as NORMAL or LARGE rather than LBA mode then this will cause the problems that you speak of.

Need more info e-mail me

Jason
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us