Question : Problem: Strange Brew:  SCSI & IDE -- Win95/NT

Hello,

I recently obtained a 2.1G Seagate Hawk SCSI Drive, and I want to make it my boot device, but there's one slight problem:  I have two IDE drives I need to use for archive storage.  

My configuration is as follows:

P200/64M Ram, Intel I430vx system board,  Adaptec 2940U, Seagate ST32430N SCSI HDD,  Maxtor 2.0G IDE, Fujitsu 1.2G IDE.   Toshiba 12X SCSI CD, & Jaz insider.

SCSI ID's:
Seagate  - 0
CDRom   - 2
Jaz          - 4

I have the bios enabled in the Adaptec card to enable boot devices.  I also have the Bootable CD/Removable Media selection enabled.

When I enable my IDE controllers on the system board and boot, the unit tells me to reboot after it scans all of the SCSI devices.  

Running FDISK from a bootable floppy shows me that the Primary Master IDE (Maxtor drive) has taken over the drive letter "C", and the SCSI drive is then "D".   The 1.2G IDE drive is reported as "E"

Is there a way for me to FORCE the SCSI to be the boot device and not the IDE drives?   I'm sick to death of poor disk performance in W95/NT, and I got this drive specifically to reduce access times for paging and games.   I would like to keep the IDE's in the machine for archiving and transport to a CD burner.  

SCSI & IDE happily connected?  Or am I only wet-dreaming?

Thanks in advance..

digiscra

Answer : Problem: Strange Brew:  SCSI & IDE -- Win95/NT

congratulations!

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us