Question : Problem: Replacing a motherboard in a Dell Inspiron 5000e

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000e that needs a new motherboard.  It is no longer under warranty and so the price of one through Dell is prohibitive.  I have decided to take a chance and buy one on ebay and install it myself.  I got the directions from Dell's website and they said that they would help me if I have trouble.  Has anyone done this before on a laptop and how complicated is it?  The dell tech said it is not hard, just tedious.  Also, do you need to have the anti-static wrist bands?  My husband and I recently changed the hard disk in this same computer.  Thank you in advance.  Rita

Answer : Problem: Replacing a motherboard in a Dell Inspiron 5000e

I would have to dissagree with Kayton I think if you take your time and keep it organized you can do it. I think you are already defeated if you think you cant. I have replaced hundreds of laptop motherboards and some are easier than others but like I said if you stay organized and take your time it should work fine. If it doesnt then you can pay someone to do it and still it would be cheaper than getting a new laptop even if you cant get it going. Thats my advice.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us