Question : Problem: Portable Disk Imaging solution

I need a hard disk imaging solution that i can use to backup some windows ce panel computers before i begin work on them.
After the work is complete very few if any changes are made to theses pc"s so it does not make sense to have a liscense of acronis,ghost or shadow protect desktop always installed on them.
The web activated liscenses are a pain to move. I currently use shadowprotect for imaging and i have used ghost and acronis in the past but for this application i need something that works just as well that does not have to be installed maybe run from a usb stick or something that i only need 1 liscense for to backup several pc"s . This will just be a tool used before work is done on a machine which is very infrequent

Any ideas

Answer : Problem: Portable Disk Imaging solution

My post has been edited too much. This was edited:

I also mentioned you can make a bootable CD with acronis on your flash drive. I have such a setup on a 16gb corsair survivor drive. Mentioned the only slight drawback is your machine needs to support booting from usb, for which I have yet to experience. Any modern no problems. Hopefully you don't have ancient 486's ;)

There are a number of bootable CDs out there, google them. Comment has been edited pointing out a specific CD. There are many legit bootable cd's with no pirated software out there.
Once you have the boot CD you can add your version of Acronis.  Acronis site has tutorials to on getting it on a bootcd. However if you do load the windows side on a pc, you can use Rescue Media builder to make your own bootable cd with acronis already on it. To get a good deal on Acronis, you can use coupon code 'coolcoupon' or find many sites that sell good deals.
If you are a tech, chances are high you'll have a licensed Acronis somewhere or a channel partner perk version. Use this for you.

If you must try a totally free version go here:  http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm
Driveimage is free for personal use, for commercial use they charge a fee. You can try the personal and see if it fits your needs. They have great tutorials on making a boot cd and adding driveimage.

The most current version is 12, I recommend staying with a version 9 and above, 10 being my primary version. Stay at the version you start using, for the simple fact, if you create a image let's say in version 12 in windows, and try to apply the image from a version lower than 12 from a boot cd, you'll get errors.

Best wishes.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us