Question : Problem: Apple/Mac Mini Disk Utility Restore - can not drag a drive-partition to restore line

running through creating mac images for all machines.
have done the following:
G5 dual ppc.  loaded os x 10.4 - all updates.  load all software.  runs fine.
connect firewire drive - have partitions setup for all boot disks, current only g5-ppc, macmini ppc and mac mini intel are set. additional partition set as data store
use carbon copy to create image of hard drive.  save on firewire.
turn machine off.  replace hard drive with empty unit.
boot with option key.  system prompts to select device - select boot disk for os x ppc g5.
runs general install - pass first screen - run disk utility.
click new drive - erase. done
click restore.  browse for image file and select -
select new drive partition (new drive) and drag to restore point line - all good.
run restore and reboot - system restore complete.
this works -many ways.  booting to firewire-cdrom  or just to the original cdrom (hold c).

minimac ppc.  followed same steps EXCEPT:
did not replace drive.  
when image is good. reboot - option to select device and boot to firewire.
selected the main drive and erased.  rebooted to make sure it was gone - then rebooted to get back into disk util.  select drive and image - all works.

Mac Mini Intel.
all as above BUT
when i am in disk util.  i can select the image file by browsing but i can not select the drive partition.
mouse tries to highlight all drive when you drag.

I have tried new keyboard mouse - all the normal stuff.
i duplicate steps on other mini (ppc) and it works fine.
booted to:
mini 10.4 disk (came with system)  booted to osx 10.4 master install (purchased) also tried new 10.5 master install disk (purchased)
still same issue.

thoughts?

Answer : Problem: Apple/Mac Mini Disk Utility Restore - can not drag a drive-partition to restore line

sandeepnellutla,
Because you have presented a solution to your own problem which may be helpful to future searches, this question is now PAQed and your points have been refunded.

EE_AutoDeleter
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us