Question : Problem: unlock itunes media

When i buy media from itunes weather it's music or movies i cannot share them with anyone unless i give them my password, well that's not an option in some cases, so i was wondering is there anyway i can unlock the files so i can share them with family and friends? i mean i love apple i don't to undermind them i any way possible but there are some special people who may not have the luxury of buying the media they want. I give them itunes gift cards but why buy it again when i already have u see. Any ideas? Thanks

Answer : Problem: unlock itunes media

You have come up against the stark reality of DRM (Digital Rights Management) as implemented by Apple, Microsoft and all the music labels and film studios  .. my friend.  Whereas a few far-sighted music labels DO sell some DRM-free music .. a large percentage is still restricted.

You CANNOT share/give others the music/movies you purchased without coming across the restrictions imposed by the DRM locking the content.

The only solution is to use the only facility that iTunes (music only) allows you.  Burn your Music to CD .. which you are legally allowed to do .. ostensibly for your own backup purposes .. then you have something you could share.

I'm afraid for movies it is much more complex to burn the content to DVD, and circumventing the DRM is much more tricky .. and not for a forum like this to advise.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us