Question : Problem: Blackberry Enterprise Server and Exchange 2003

I have a single user that uses a Blackberry device in our company.  This required us to install the Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1 which was accomplished without any issue.  The blackberry account (BESAdmin) has also been set up in our active directory and all permissions given as required by the Blackberry documentation.  Our issue is this, the user account that the Blackberry Enterprise server is supporting cannot send email consistantly.  The "send as" permission is deleted every hour by the active directory or exchange server....not sure which.  It can be reloded but dissapears.  I have addressed it with Blackberry and Microsoft (KB04707 and Article 912918), applied the hotfix recommended to no avail.  I need to get this figured out as soon as possible and any guidance from the guru's will be welcomed.

Answer : Problem: Blackberry Enterprise Server and Exchange 2003

Is the account a member of any of these..?

Enterprise Admins
Schema Admins
Domain Admins
Administrators
Domain Controllers
Cert Publishers
Backup Operators
Replicator Server Operators
Account Operators
Print Operators

If so then the AD will see this as breach of security and when the AdminsSDHolder thread (every hour) runs it will reset this permission..

Simple fix, remove the account from any of these groups.

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Windows/microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs/2007-03/msg00988.html

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us