Question : Problem: Get "itunes could not connect to the music store ..." message when at work, but not at home???

When I have my laptop at home, I can easily connect to the Apple iTunes Store.  When I bring it to work, and connect to our network, I can't connect to the Apple iTunes Store.  It says, "itunes could not connect to the music store ..."

What could be causing this?  Is there something "dangerous" about the iTunes Store that our firewall would be blocking?

Answer : Problem: Get "itunes could not connect to the music store ..." message when at work, but not at home???

Yes, if you are unable to browser to the iTunes store from a different PC at work, it adds credibility to the corporate DNS causing the problem. If you can, then it is more likely a network setting on your laptop. Make sure the DNS settings are the same.

When at home, you are accessing your ISPs DNS(s) , while ay work your corporate DNSs are mapping urls to IPs ... if you have an old itunes store IP stuck in the cache, it would definitely monkey up the works.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us