Question : Problem: BIOS voltage settings, mobo POST problem

hello !

every time i shut my computer off, it takes about 2-50+ goes to get it to boot up again (seems like no POST, nothing on screen, just fans working)

when it does start up, however (after multiple power on off button presses), it always shows the message "Overclocking failed!" (see image)

I havent done any oc'ing, and i believe the main problem lies in the motherboard trying to do some overclocking automatically, but often getting the auto BIOS settings wrong, and thus no POST.

SO, my best hope currently (i have tried many solutions for months) is to set all possible BIOS settings to fixed manual values, which work, so that the mobo would not assign them non-working values

I have managed to find suitable manual values for more than half of the things, but MY QUESTION is, what can i set for the remaingin ones on the other attached image ? i.e. i have no idea about the meaning of these parameters and i dont want to completely guess what value i can set, which would work ? im happy to disable things or set them lower performance values, as long as that would be a reliable value?

(mobo is ASUS P5K Premium with updated newest BIOS)

Answer : Problem: BIOS voltage settings, mobo POST problem

>>  (after multiple power on off button presses), it always shows the message "Overclocking failed!"    <<   that is the normal message if the post sequence is interrupted on ASUS boards. you just enter the bios, and get out.
i would recommend waiting a bit longer before pressing the the power button - you won't have that message then

>>  I have managed to find suitable manual values    <<  normally, you don't need them. try booting with the minimum - or disable devices in the bios for testing. - it can be it tries to access a bad device, and the time out is taking so long.  

WHAT bios versuion do you have?  for the E7300 you need version 612 or later :  http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5K%20Premium/WiFi-AP&product=1&os=17
i would select default values - it should boot normally
if the bios is ok, and it does not boot normally with defaults, i think you can have a bad mobo - have a warranty replacement
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us