Question : Problem: DVI adapator, or PCI to VGA adaptor?

I recently bought an IBM IntelliStation Z that comes with a NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL dvi card (for dual monitor).  I plan to add this computer to my network and let it share a Philips monitor with an IBM Netvista.  The Philips monitor has both vga and dvi connector.  But the netvistor has only a vga card using the AGP slot.  So, should I add a PCI dvi card to the Netvista, or should I add a PCI vga card to the IntelliStation?  I am not a gamer, but i hook a tv cable up to my Netvista and burn recorded tv programs into dvd disk.  Also, I do a lot of image editing work.  So I do have some demands on the vedio quality, and speed.  Please tell me is dvi card a good investment in my case?  Thank You!

Answer : Problem: DVI adapator, or PCI to VGA adaptor?

Garycase:
The KMV switches in the market are either digital or analog. I am not able to share the philips monitor using your suggestion. I have added a GeForce FX 5500 to the philips so both computers are now sharing the monitor on analog interface.  The decision is made because I don't know which is better, so I go for the cheaper.  Thank you for your reply all the same; and sorry for my late coming back.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us