Question : Problem: Newer BB device not being recognized by BES Server/OS

I have an 'older' install of BES running on a Windows 2000 SBS box.  It is version 4.1.2.25, and is running well.

I have a new user on it who just rec'd one of the 'latest and greatest' blackberries (sorry, I don't have the model for sure, but I think it's an 8310).  When I plug the unit into the BES/SBS server, it detects it, but is unable to load the software/driver for the device.

My question is: if I installed the latest SP for the BES (SP6), does this include an updated 'database' so that the new BB device will be recognized?  If not, what other steps should I follow?

Thanks,

TN

Answer : Problem: Newer BB device not being recognized by BES Server/OS

Hi,

This might be a silly question but why would you want to plug a blackberry device directly into the BES server?

You have two better options, the first is to use wireless activation which would not require you to attach the blackberry device to anything.

The second is to use the Blackberry client software on a PC and connect the device there.

As an aside you should definitely consider upgrading to the latest version of BES service pack as there are known vulnerabilities in the PDF attachment reader that are fixes in SP6.

Before upgrading to SP6 consider upgrading all of you devices to the latest firmware (backing them up first of course).

Cheers,

Plod
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us