Question : Problem: Protecting a socket with an AP connected

Hi

I have various Cisco A1200 wireless placed around our building and I am concerned about somebody unplugging the A1200 and plugging a non authorised piece of equipment  into the socket. General I would use Port Security to lock down a socket to a device that was plugged into it via its MAC, but I can't do this with the A1200  sockets as it has multiple MACs are registered on the port.

Is there a way I can secure the socket the wireless units are plugged into from unauthorised access?

We use A1230 AP, 4402 WLAN Controllers, 3560 and 3750 switches

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Protecting a socket with an AP connected

I do belive that WLC version 5.2 (and 5.1 if I remember correct) supports 802.1x on AP level and I think the 1230 supports it also, which enables you to implement 802.1x in your entire network and not worring about anyone unplughing a ap or host and gain unauthorized access to your network. This would also negate the MAC address control that you manually are doing and not limiting anyone to a certain port in a certain switch as long as they have the right credentials.

If you dont want to implement 802.1x on the entire network you can just do it on the ports connecting the APs.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us