Question : Problem: Does this Samsung Plasma have Video and audio out, for screen capture. If not is capture possible over an HDMI "input"?

I have a Samsung PS50A556, which is regarded to be identical to the PS50A557 and PS50A558 models.
The TV has full component input, 3 HDMI inputs and other regular input connections.
But the only output connections marked are an audio left and right channel designed to add extra speaker cabinets.
The side panel contains more audio (left and right) channels, a video channel and an S-Video connection. Neither in nor out is stated, but the TV handbook suggest these connections are for input only.

My question is do these side connections also double as video and audio output from the TV,
as I am looking to use a Screen Capture Card (either PCI or external) to capture what is displayed on the screen by an Xbox 360, connected via component cables.
I had assumed this would work as the connections found here on the side panel are identical to the connectors found on the capture card I may use (i.e. video, audio left, audio right and S-video)?

If this is not the case, can the component input of the TV be active, whilst an HDMI "input" would output the on-screen video and audio (from the Xbox 360) to a HDMI capture card like the "Blackmagic Intensity" HDMI capture card?

Answer : Problem: Does this Samsung Plasma have Video and audio out, for screen capture. If not is capture possible over an HDMI "input"?

No, the side connections are input only => either s-video or composite video, and stereo audio.

The easiest way to capture the component video feed from your XBox 360 is with the Hauppauge HD PVR [http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html ] ==> This will record the component and audio signals ... and has a pass-through for both the audio and video [So you connect the X-Box to the HD PVR, and then connect the pass-through outputs to the TV.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us