Question : Problem: Can't uninstall Belkin F5D8051 USB Driver

I am trying to update to the latest version of the driver for the Belkin Wireless USB Adapter model F5D8051 (f5d8051v2_ww_2.01.03_w2). When I try to uninstall the previous driver through either Belkin's direct uninstall method or the the Control Panel method, I get the error message "an error occurred while defining the dialog box". Trying to overwrite the original driver (which BTW, appears to have been uninstalled along with the Network Utility software - itself a separate uninstall procedure - according to the Device Manager, which lists no network adapters, produces the same error message. Running Registry Mechanic 6.0 and manually removing all vestiges of Belkin from the registry does not solve problem. Belkin says this is a Java error and to upgrade to the latest runtime version (6 with update 3) but this has not worked either. I'm using WinXP SP2 with all the latest updates in place.

Answer : Problem: Can't uninstall Belkin F5D8051 USB Driver

Is system restore an option?  If you have a restore point that prededes the first instance of the Belkin problem, that may be a way forwa4rd...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us