Question : Problem: HP Officejet 5510 - Unable to initialize scanner

I am trying to use the Microsoft Office Document Scanning feature and am getting an error message when trying to configure the scanner. The error message is "Unable to Initialize Scanner". I have tried the "hp officejet 5510" and "hp officejet 5510 TWAIN" selections, and both get the same results.

I have also tried checking with HP to make sure I have the latest software updates, and as far as I can tell, I am using the latest drivers.

There are no yellow exclamations in Device Manager, and the scanner works fine when using the HP Scanning software that it came with. I just cannot get any third-party scanning software to work. I have even tried using Scansoft Paper Port 10 with no success (similar error messages, unable to find scanner.)

Any suggestions on how to get PaperPort or Microsoft Office Document Imaging to recognize the scanner?  If it helps, the scanner supports both flatbed and ADF (auto-document feeder.)

Thank you!

Answer : Problem: HP Officejet 5510 - Unable to initialize scanner

i have seen some identical problems here : some hp scanners do not work well with other software.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us