Question : Problem: blue screen in Windows PE 2.0 on Sunfire X4100

I am trying to make a Windows PE boot disk for this Sunfire X4100 server since I can't get Acronis TrueImage Echo to boot from its rescue disk because it doesn't have the right RAID drivers built in.  I want to save an image of the server while its offline so I can sysprep and clone the image.  I created a custom Windows PE work area and mounted the wim file and added the Windows 2003 amd64 version of the LSI MegaRAID SAS driver from a floppy I created using Sun's drivers CD.   Then I committed the changes and unmountd and created an ISO file.  I haven't added in the Acronis PE boot files yet since I am just trying to get past this bluescreen issue and make sure the drivers are OK.    Every time I boot before I even get to the Windows PE desktop screen I get the BSOD message in the Error Messages section above.

I started out building Windows PE with the x86 arch with the i386 LSI drivers and that failed with the same BSOD message so I am wondering if there is something else wrong?  Is WIndows PE totally incompatible with this server?   I had found a Sun document that mentioned a different BSOD error and said to totally power down the server and then restart, but that didn't work for me.

I thought there was a Windows PE zone here?  Can't seem to find it so I apologize for mis-posting.

Answer : Problem: blue screen in Windows PE 2.0 on Sunfire X4100

I am actually using the amd64 processor architecture.  I found that the sun fire X4100 that we received has a really old (04/2007) BIOS load.  I have updated to the most recent and was able to get past the blue screen.   Thanks though..
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us