Question : Problem: Can't connect to network scanner

I have just installed a new HP Scanjet 8270 document scanner. The scanner works happily as a local device thru its USBport. It also came with ISIS drivers to allow users to scan across a network just like sharing a local printer to allow aother users to print across a network.
The server side of the s/w installed happily and I have shared the scanner. here are the client instructions:
To Set Up the Client Computer
On the client computer, install the ISIS driver for the scanner you want to use. (Refer to documentation from driver installation CD included with your scanner.)
Install an ISIS application.
Start the ISIS application and select the newly-installed ISIS driver. In the Configure Device Settings dialog for the selected scanner, click the Network button. The Pixnet Manager dialog appears.
The application being used on the client (Handi Manager from HandiSoft) has a scanning feature built-in and I have installed the ISIS driver (that came with the scanner) on the client PC.
I can get to 'Configure Device Settings' and see the 'Network' button, but it is greyed-out, so I can't click on it to choose the network printer.
It is as tho the network features required to use the ISIS driver has not been installled. I was wondering what n/w protocol ISIS would use?
Both (server and client computers) are IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentres connected to a Win SBS2003 server/domain.

Answer : Problem: Can't connect to network scanner

The driver will install anyway, because Windows supports ISIS scanners.
INVU, for example only supports TWAIN.
Try scanning from Word or another application. If that works, it is a problem with Sage, if it doesn't, it is a driver problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us