Question : Problem: Why does Notorn Ghost mess up my OS image?

So I've been having this problem, and it's really causing a lot of problems.  I'm using norton ghost to create images of hard drives for my company so I don't have to install windows on every single computer.  Well every so often when I hook up a hard drive to image it, when it starts, I get a pop up or two saying that a registry file has been recovered.  When that happens, the process says it completed successfully, but in reality what it did was mess up my windows installation on the original hard drive I was copying and it gives this error: Windows could not start because the following file is mission or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system.  I don't know how to recover this, and the windows installation was fine before.  This is a big problem especially when trying to get these done for clients.  Now I have a screwed up image and can't recover it.  Can someone please help me with this, why is this doing it?

Answer : Problem: Why does Notorn Ghost mess up my OS image?

>> Well every so often when I hook up a hard drive to image it,

I think you are using Ghost wrong.  From re-reading your first post, is this what you are doing:
1) You have Ghost 14 installed on some administrator/master pc.
2) You remove a hard drive from one of the company pc's.
3) You connect the hard drive on the adm/master pc
4) You then start Ghost 14 and try to create a backup image of the newly connect (client) hard drive.

Is this what you're doing?  If so, I think the error message is from XP, and not Ghost.  XP is complaining about the newly mounted hard drive you connected.

You need a company wide license for Ghost; one license for each pc installed on.  Ghost 14 is designed for consumer use and not intended to be used this way.  

Try Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 or get some offline boot cd image program.  (even with an offline cd, though I think you are violating the terms of the license by buying only one software and then using it on 20 or 30 or however many pc's your company has)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us