Question : Problem: Only local Administrator is able to login into a Server 2003 Terminal Server

I have a very strange problem with a 2003 member server running Terminal Server and Citrix Presentation Server 4.5.

Whenever I try to remote desktop to the server it allows me to log in and accepts my credentials but then just gives me a blank grey screen. My user is a member of the Domain Admins group which inturn is a member of the servers Administrators group and also the Remote Desktop Users group.

Members of the Domain Admins group are also unable to login locally to the server. The built in domain admin account is able to login locally and remotely.

I've checked that the right groups are added to the "Allow log on locally" and "Allow log on through Terminal Services" policies in Local Security Settings and I've also checked that the "Allow log on to terminal server" option against the user profiles is selected.

I'm totally stumped with this and don't know where to look next, any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Only local Administrator is able to login into a Server 2003 Terminal Server

I think I have now solved this, although I'm not entirely sure how.

I reset the computer account in AD and then removed and readded the server to the domain.

I'm now able to connect to the server remotely, the full desktop loads instead of just getting a blank grey screen.

After testing I am still unable to log in locally to the server with my domain admin account, but other domain admins are able to. So I'm guessing the problem is with my user account and not the server.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us