Question : Problem: Mapping a network drive over SSH in Windows

Im trying to share a network drive over internet. Many has recomended to create trust relationship between domains and use VPN. However this sounds to be a bit complex and my two systems are runing on MS Small Business Server 2003 and there is also license limitations to do this. I have found some articles that this should be possible to do with SSH. My environmet is that I have one SBS2003 environment in city A and other SBS environment in city B. These environments want to share one common network drive together. If it helps I can setup third environment where is real Windows Server 2003 or 2008 (not SBS). Do someone has some basic introduction how to do this with SSH (or by someother way). Im not familar at all with SSH and I would like to be sure that this share what im building would be safe.

Answer : Problem: Mapping a network drive over SSH in Windows

I am not 100% sure, but I do not believe the passwords are sent in clear text since it using the Windows authentication mechanism... I could be wrong however. You could install wireshark after you had it set up and sniff the packets to find out.

The other option is to create a secure VPN tunnel between sites and connect the file share that way.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us