Question : Problem: Connecting Multiple monitors to a PC

I have been asked to see if the following is possible, but do not know where to start looking. I work in a manufacturing company and have been asked to setup documentation viewer for about 80 people. But instead of using a pc for each user, I would like for up to 6 users to share a pc. The Pc would have 6 monitors, 6 keyboards, 6 mice connected to it, and would like it to have the functionality as if they each had there own pc.  Has anyone ever done anything like this before. Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Connecting Multiple monitors to a PC

thats not possible in windows...
each physical device connected to a computer MUST have a 'controller' for it. this controller is the mediator between the physical device and the computer itself. without the controller, the computer would have no idea what to do with the device.

a normal computer only has 1 controller for a keyboard and 1 or 2 for the mouse. the box slink is referring to will divide that 1 controller so that you can use a seperate keyboards, but since there is only 1 controller on the computer, only 1 keyboard can be used at a time.

sorry but i have never seen a computer that has the capability you want but sounds quite possible.
---------------------------------------------
i would look around and see if you can find keyboard and mouse 'Riser Cards'

these cards can provide the extra controllers you need and there might just exist the one you are looking for... wouldnt suprise me at all.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us