Question : Problem: What is the optimal setting for contrast and brightness for Dell flat screen monitor?

Hi Everybody;

A friend of mine has recently given me a small Dell flatscreen monitor.  Since I have always owned CRT monitors in the past, I am very new to properly setting up a flat screen monitor.  With this in mind, I am wondering what the optimal settings would be for contrast and brightness.  I would like to configure these settings to help reduce eye strain which can commonly happen from viewing a monitor screen especially over an extended period of time.

Any feedback regarding this question will be appreciated.  I will look forward to hearing back from everyone.

Thank you.

George

Answer : Problem: What is the optimal setting for contrast and brightness for Dell flat screen monitor?

I'd say that this is a very personal preference based on your eyes, the brightness of the room you are in etc. I might set the brightness and contrast to one setting and think it's perfect, then you come along and think it is awful.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us