Question : Problem: Using Full Screen of 24" Monitors

I've recently bought a Samsung 24" (2493HM) flat screen monitor for my PC.  It's very good quality.  However there is a black border around the display which is quite large, which means it's really displaying more like a 19" monitor!  This occurs even though I've got it set on 32-bit, maximum res within the Windows display settings. My question is whether this is due to the limitations of the graphics card (GeForce FX5700LE) or a setting somewhere which I haven't as yet found?  I'd be quite happy to buy a better graphics card (mine is about 3 yrs old).

Answer : Problem: Using Full Screen of 24" Monitors

If you have downloaded the lates drivers for your video card, rebooted, and you can still not choose 1920x1200 you will need a new video card. Quite simple

What is your max resolution available at the moment?

Please see Samsungs support area http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?isINPUT=Y&SITE_ID=1&PG_ID=0&AT_ID=8476&PROD_SUB_ID=0&PROD_ID=133

Which states:
Note: If the native resolution of your monitor exceeds the top resolution setting displayed on the Screen Area slider, it means that the video card in your PC can not produce a resolution that high. To have your monitor display at its native resolution, you will have to get a new video card.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us