Question : Problem: Local printer mapping with Roaming Profiles

I am working with a small school and our goal is to map printers locally on any computer using roaming profiles... is this possible? And if so, How?

If we map the local printers under the administrator account is there any way to map those locally when logging on to a roaming profile?

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Local printer mapping with Roaming Profiles

OK...  It seemed to take forever to get more than a single response to my question.  There was a simple solution to my problem.  Just in case anyone else has this problem I am going to share the information.
When you want to use local printers regardless if they are networked or local.  In fact if you want a roaming profile or any new user of the computer to have the printers and anything else such as mapped network drives (shared to everyone) backgrounds desktop settings etc....  
1. Log into the local computer as a new user that has local administrator rights (I made one called admin1.
2. Map printers and put everything into the profile that you would like every NEW user of the computer to have.  ie:  background; mappings; desktop settings; menu lists; etc...
3. Log into the local computer as the original administrator account and open User Profiles (right click my computer-select advanced-'settings' under user profiles). (Make sure hidden files option is on in the C:\Documents and settings folder).  Also I backed up the Default User folder in case i need to restore later. (always a good idea to backup folders you are going to overwrite)
4. Select the user you created (admin1) and select 'copy to'.  Here you will want to browse to the location of the profile to copy to.  Browse to the C:\Documents and settings folder and select the 'Default User' folder and click ok.  Answer yes or ok to all dialogs.
That's It.
Every new user that logs onto that computer will get the settings you created including printers!

Please give me points if I have helped anyone with this post.

Thanks,

SparqMark
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us