Question : Problem: igel thin client

hi,
My question may be obvious but can't really get things working. I got a IGEL thin client to reconfigure but whatever changes I do after reboot they erased. Guy who used to deal with it is gone and i was given the task. does any one know how to change configuration of it and make it permanent?
 it runs windows xp embedded.
I downloaded UMS console suit from igel website aand installed on my pc, but can't detected igel client. they are on the same network segment.

many thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: igel thin client

right after few struggles i got it.
just for anyone who would happen to deal with things like this.
you have to download image from igel web site as well it comes in zip file. then you have to import this image into web folder created on computer on which UMS is installed.
once is done reboot thin client holding ESC button pressed that present you with screen on which you need to enter information where from your thin client can download the image. as a server specify the computer on which UMS is installed. to logon to thin client as administrator clicki log off then hold left shift and comfirm logoff that will present you with usual windows login: user name : administrator password: administrator

hope it'll helps good luck
a
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us