Question : Problem: iTunes.itl file cannot be found/created

Hi
I am having trouble downloading iTunes on my MS Windows XP.  I had it before and I think I deleted it because I wasn't using it or something.  I just got an ipod so I tried downloading the program again; it appears to download and install to completion, but when I click on the icon, open itunes through Programs or plug in the USB to my ipod, a message pops up saying "The iTunes.itl file cannot be found or created.  The default location for this file is in My Music."  

I found a similar problem in the archives here and attempted to use the user's solution, but to no avail.  (Run>regedit then Software>Microsoft>Explorer.....and so on) but that was a deadend.  What do I need to do?

Answer : Problem: iTunes.itl file cannot be found/created

open add/remove programs.......can you see iTunes listed there?
if yes then uninstall it from there.....restart and make sure that there is no iTunes folder present under C:\Program Files folder

then download this Windows Installer Cleanup utility
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

run it and if it lists iTunes, remove it using it
restart and download iTunes now, save the file on your desktop, and then run the setup to install it
post back the results.....
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us