Question : Problem: BSODs, crashing. Baldness.

Having an issue with my computer, not entirely sure what is the cause.
This has been a long reoccuring issue, so I can't remember what exactly what would have sparked it, but there have not been any hardware upgrades made recently.

I'm getting BSOD's and crashing almost constantly. It doesn't occur when i use a particular program, as it seems to stop on me whilst idle, using games or another apps.

The primary BSOD error message is: IRQl IS NOT LESS OR EQUAL.
Doing a bit of research i found this problem is usually linked to RAM or video cards. Reseated RAM chips, replaced them, removed video card etc. Same problem persists.

Went to the memory dump and it said that a file named ntoskrnl.exe was to blame. Replaced this from another computer yet there was no change. Tried loading up the windows recovery console, but I constantly get another BSOD with the error message BAD_POOL_HEADER.

Can I get a little help, as i'm losing all my hair over this one!

Answer : Problem: BSODs, crashing. Baldness.

Rt click My computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance Tab>Settings>Advanced>and Set the Swap File to No swap file....Reboot, (might be painfully slow in booting), Delete pagefile.sys if it is still present, then go back and reset the Paging file to system managed.

How often are these reboots?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us