Question : Problem: How to increase multiplier to normal for AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 in Win XP

Recently "downgraded" an Toshiba Siemens Amilo Xa2528 equiped with an AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 from Vista to XP.

Problem is - I've run out of ideas in how to increase the speed to its 1600mhz, instead of the 800 that I'm stuck on. FSB is correct at 200mhz but the multiplier stays at 4, instead of 8.

Other hardware is nVidia GeForce Go 6100, AMD Hammer.

Of course I've the first things you could think of. Removed the only thing in BIOS that had something to do with battery-saving. Used AMD's Power Mon to set to "maximum performance", checked for latest driver for the whole system. And so on... no success.

Im about to give up now and head back to the anoying vista... at least it shows 1600 mhz...

And yea.... the 800mhz IS accurate, since various benchmarks places the results among those for good old P3 cpus... :)

Any ideas?

Answer : Problem: How to increase multiplier to normal for AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 in Win XP

If it's OS-specific, try installing AMD's patch for the X2 processors: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles.php?type=3&id=49&page=1&desc=how_to_install_the_amd_x2_hotfix_patch
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us