Question : Problem: Reviving an old issue

I had posted an issue a couple weeks ago concerning a Gateway GT5220.  I purchased a new motherboard and it is doing the same thing.   When I push the button the power light on the computer lights for a split second then goes out, and the fans continue to spin.   Below is the original question that is closed out.  Before I buy a new CPU to try, could there be any other reason this is happening?    The only thing connected are the CPU, RAM, monitor, PS and one case fan.   Any ideas?

"I have a Gateway GT5220.   When you turn it on the fans go on and with the heatsink off momentarily, the processor gets warm.   But it won't do anything.   I have changed the power supply just to try it, I have reseated the processor.   I have unplugged everything to try it.  What is the next thing to do?   It seems to be the motherboard.   I have checked all the caps and none seem to be bulging.   Any ideas?"

Answer : Problem: Reviving an old issue

Did you check whether any of the case buttons are defective, ie, try booting the motherboard outside of the case and short the power on pins with a small screwdriver instead of the power on button?  Make sure the other buttons are disconnected when you do this.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us