Question : Problem: VIA Audio Driver

Ok, I have an older custom-built machine with a VIA motherboard and XP installed and working right. According to Astra32 the onboard audio chip is called "VT8233/A AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller". And all other drivers are installed and working. Ok so I go to VIA's driver page download and install the appropriate driver and all goes well, the setup claims the driver is installed, it shows up in device manager but no sound....  And everything is grayed out in the "Sound and Audio Devices" applet in control panel. I've tried every driver that’s even remotely similar from driverguide.com as well as VIA's website but nothing works. I know for a fact that the sound card works because it was working before I performed a windows repair (which is why I had to reinstall the driver in the first place). Any suggestions? Thanx in advance....

Answer : Problem: VIA Audio Driver

Is the Windows Sound service started and running?  Type SERVICES.MSC in the Run dialog box and click OK.  Scroll down to the service, and if it is marked as disabled, double click it, set it to Automatic and Start it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us