Question : Problem: Asus monitor fuzzy/flickering display

I have a 22" Asus VW222U external monitor attached to a Dell XPS 1530 running Windows Vista SP1.

I've been using it fine on my previous Dell Inpiron 1520 laptop for over a year and it's been a really great screen. I've never installed any external drivers (not even the Asus ones) and it works right out of the box.

However, I've just plugged it into my new Dell XPS1530 and when viewing certain things the image seems fuzzy or streaks. It happens when viewing my desktop background, or when I view sites such as the news articles on www.abc.net.au with gradient borders. The white bit is fine, it's just on the sides of the screen with the grey gradient, it's fuzzy / streaking horizontally.

I've tried installing the Asus drivers, different screen resolutions, different refresh rates etc all to no avail. When I plug it back into my Inspiron laptop it's fine. Any ideas?

Answer : Problem: Asus monitor fuzzy/flickering display

It honestly sounds like a bad video card OR you're using the wrong resolution.

I would look to your video hardware, before assuming it's the monitor - especially since you know the monitor works fine on another system. If the video is the problem, it doesn't mean your laptop screen is going to die tomorrow, it just might be because the output port doesn't work and it may never have. Hopefully you have a warranty . . .
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us