Question : Problem: Floppy Drive Problem

Due to the length of this question, the conversation/troubleshooting has been moved to a new question:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/jsp/qShow.jsp?ta=hardgen&qid=11056063 .

Please do not post anything here! We left it undeleted so that it would be available for review.

darinw
Community Support

-Question text follows-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My floppy drive won't copy a file (from Word, Quicken) or format a disk.  It goes through all the motions (makes the sounds and the light come on) but when it's done, nothing has happened.  I bought a cleaner and ran that through, but nothing changed.  Does a floppy drive need a driver, because when I look under Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Floppy Disk, it says no driver is required or has been installed.  Somebody said they thought it was in the programming, but I don't know how to check this.  Any suggestions?  

Answer : Problem: Floppy Drive Problem

I have never attempted removing anything from the computer.  Is this a simple process?  When you say, "check cable," do you mean internal or external?  We have Win 95 and it does say that backup application is not installed.  Would that have anything to do with this problem, even though we are trying to copy files from Word or Quicken, etc.?  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us