Question : Problem: iPhone and Exchange Over-The-Air Sync

We have several iPhones deployed at our organization, all of them accessing their Exchange e-mail boxes over the air via push.

One of the iPhones (and of course it belongs to the highest-up) has a unique issue not shared with the others:

When a calendar item is added to the iPhone, it does not get synchronized with Exchange.  If an item is added in Exchange, it gets synchronized over the air with the iPhone correctly.

E-mail send/receive works flawlessly, and since other phones are functioning properly I don't believe it's the server.

The user has 4 calendars (really 3) listed on their iPhone:  All, Calendar, Home and Outlook Calendar.  I don't know how to delete them, but he states that none of them synchronize with Exchange (we assumed Outlook Calendar might, but no dice).

He uses iTunes and a PC, and has upgraded to the latest firmware and iTunes version.

Any suggestions?  I'm out of ideas except for a complete wipe of the iPhone which I'd rather not do unless I have to.

Answer : Problem: iPhone and Exchange Over-The-Air Sync

As far as I have understood this user has multiple calendars.. These should appear underneath  the "Calendar" in Outlook....

What I think is happening is that your users when on the iPhone is viewing one of these calendars or is on the "All" setting and the default calendar is set to a different calendar, and adding an item.. It will then add the item to that one calendar, therefore if you look in Outlook on one of ht eother calendars then you wont see the item.

Confusing the matter is that Outlook has a "All" view that shows all of the items from all of the Calendars in outlook, in one view, Outlook doesnt do this.

Solutions..

1. Copy all events into the root calendar (might be a bit drastic! and as long as the user understands multiple calendars it will work) and delete all the other cals 
  2. Change the default calendar to the one that he most regulary adds items: 
  • Settings 
  • Mail,Contacts and Calendars 
  • Scroll to the bottom 

Hopefully it is that..>!

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us