Question : Problem: Monitor incompatible with VGA card (?)

Hello

Recently i bought all the different parts of a computer separately and decided to connect them on my own. I bought the parts from different computer stores without thinking at the time of incompatibility issues. My problem now is this:

If i have the monitor turned on when i boot up the PC, then the screen goes white and the message in big green letter "BURN IN" appears, while i guess the windows load just fine, but i cannot see anything except that msg in the white background. After a few seconds the msg will start flashing.

If i have the monitor turned off when i boot up, then i have to wait and hear for a specific "bip" from my desktop. Only then if i turn the monitor on i can see the windows loading. Otherwise, if i don't hear the "bip" and i turn the monitor on i will get the same msg in white background. Consequently, sometimes i booted up around 15 times until i hear that noise.
So i decided that i'm going to leave my computer constantly on till i work this out. But the problem now is that every day or so the computer freezes unexpectedly and i can only restart, as i'm too afraid to shut it down!

I don't know if my CTX monitor is incompatible with my VGA card (sound,graphics,LAN are integrated on the motherboard) or if i have to upgrady my BIOS.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Monitor incompatible with VGA card (?)

what kind of errors are you getting in eventviewer? sounds like a definate hardware problem...but it's hard to tell where it's coming from. monitors shouldn' t really give you a problem in terms of being compatible with your video card (or at least i haven't seen a lot of that at all).

have you taken a look at device manager? try with a different monitor if you possibly can...otherwise it sounds like one of the components you bought could be at the bottom of it all. I know is hard to do, but try to troubleshoot one component at a time (up to and including returning them to the seller for a checkup).

That "bip" noise is called P.O.S.T. for power on self test....that should come up right away, if it's not consistent and fairly quick then it's something wrong with the computer/components. what happens when you unplug the monitor cable and boot up the computer?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us