Question : Problem: connect my pc to lcd tv hdmi

I am wanting to take a desktop pc and connect it to my 42 inch LCD hi def tv and use it for things like browsing the internet and watching my dvd movies.  a couple of questions.

1. do i need to find a video card with a HDMI output? If  so can someone recommend one.

2. how clear will it be? I am hoping I can use a wireless keyboard and mouse to sit on my couch and browse the internet.

3. what problems will i encounter? what do i do about audio?

suggestions please

Answer : Problem: connect my pc to lcd tv hdmi

I am wanting to take a desktop pc and connect it to my 42 inch LCD hi def tv and use it for things like browsing the internet and watching my dvd movies.  a couple of questions.

1. do i need to find a video card with a HDMI output? If  so can someone recommend one.
-I would most certainly not use an HDMI video card. Most of these are expensive, and do not give you any more of a better picture then dvi - hdmi cable. I myself am an Newegg and Nvidia fan and will reccomend anything with the 8000 series or better. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130338 )

2. how clear will it be? I am hoping I can use a wireless keyboard and mouse to sit on my couch and browse the internet.
-It will be as clear as your current monitor as long as you use the base resolution. You will be happy with the usage in my opinion.

3. what problems will i encounter? what do i do about audio?
-There is going to be very little problems provided you know how to set it up and you know what you are doing. Does your TV have a DVI hookup? Does it have digital audio input? How are your plans to hook up the audio? You can use digital audio out from the pc with a good quality sound card and input on your TV. You can also have rca outputs from the computer to the TV.

-Todd Beedy
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us