Question : Problem: I've connected my PC to my LG LCD tv and the tv displays "Invalid Format".

I've connected my PC to my LG LCD tv and the tv displays fine during the boot sequence but as soon as windows starts up the TV stops displaying and keeps saying "Invalid Format".
Bit more Detail:
My graphics card is a Radeon x1950 wil dual DVI outputs. It's connected to my TV with a DVI to HDMI cable. My LG TV's model is a LG 32LC7D.

I've tried changing different resolutions and different refresh rates with no avail. Is there something I missed?

Answer : Problem: I've connected my PC to my LG LCD tv and the tv displays "Invalid Format".

When using the HDMI connector, the TV may require standard HD formats such as 720p or 1080p.  Is your desktop set up on the second monitor with an acceptable resolution?  Some tools, such as Catalyst Control Center and nView will let you set up the second monitor at a different setting.  The message sounds like it is getting something it can't handle.  If the TV has a different input, such as VGA, I would try that as well.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us