Question : Problem: Blackberry/Outlook sync for mobile user to home office

I have a mobile user who is rarely in the office. Usually he travels with a Laptop and his Blackberry, which he sync's to Outlook, which he keeps his Calendar, Contacts, and Email in. *(everyone is on XP Pro & Office 2003 SBE)

At the office is a desktop the office manager sits at.

My challenge is for the Office Manager to get his updated info (calendar, contacts, email). Right now she uses LogMeIn to connect to his computer and pulls up his Outlook and then manually types into her Outlook his changes so she knows what he has going on from day to day.

Is there an easier way to get updated Outlook info to her computer from his laptop?

Ideally there would be an Internet Calendar solution that sync's with a Blackberry but I believe no such solution exists.

In a nutshell, you have mobile user's that need to sync with the home office. This is a small business with 5 computers in a workgroup based out of a house. Three of which are laptops that come in and out of the workgroup.

I feel like LogMeIn is a cheap and dirty solution but I know of no other way to tap into this runaway computer that travels on demand.

HELP!!!

Answer : Problem: Blackberry/Outlook sync for mobile user to home office

If you want to spend some serious money look into a BES to connect between Exchange and the Blackberry.  This will sync the BB with the Exchange everytime the user or the Manager makes a change to the calendar.  

With delegate control to the manager she will be able to add / move / amend appointments from the office.

Expensive solution but if you have are planning on running out several BBs then it may be more viable

Wadski

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us